TEN TEST THAT PROVE YOUR READINESS FOR PROMOTION
(Contagious Leadership – John Maxwell)
- TEST OF SMALL THINGS – This test comes to prove our faithfulness and potential for greater opportunities. (Eph. 5:16; Luke 16:10)
- MOTIVATION TEST – This test comes to the one who is doing right, to examine why they are doing it. (Job 1:9-11)
- STEWARDSHIP TEST – This test proves how strategically and generously we handle the resources we presently control (Luke 12:16-21; Matt. 25:21)
- WILDERNESS TEST – This test comes when you’re spiritually dry to reveal your potential for change and growth. (Deut. 8:15-16)
- CREDIBILITY TEST – This test displays our ability and integrity – to see if compromise under pressure. (Gal. 2:11-13; 1 Sam. 16:7)
- AUTHORITY TEST – This test comes to expose your attitude and willing submission toward God-given authority. (1 Sam. 24:2,4,6-7)
- FORGIVENESS TEST – This test comes to show you’re not easily offended and are ready to forgive others. (Heb. 12:14-15; Mark 11:25-26)
- WARFARE TEST – This test exposes your ability to stand when you’re in God’s will and experience adversity. (Exod. 13:17; Jer. 12:5)
- TEST OF TIME – This test reveals the quality of your work, based on both opportunity and longevity. (Esther 4:14; Gal. 6:9)
- LORDSHIP TEST – This test usually occurs in one of your areas of strength or a “right” or “privilege” that you value highly. You find it difficult to trust God. It reveals your heart response to whom or what has final authority in your life. (Luke 5:4-7)
PRINCIPLES OF LORDSHIP
- The Lordship of Jesus demands that all that we have: material possessions, family, even our own life must be placed at the SERVICE OF CHRIST.
- The only true expression of our love for Jesus is to OBEY HIM. If we are not obedient to His word it is because we do not truly acknowledge Him as Lord.
- A successful Christian life rests upon our knowledge of the teaching of Christ whose word is the FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters.
- We are called to SETTING OUR LIVES APART (consecration) to do the will of God as declared by the Lord Jesus Christ.