A Race for Unity
Agape Church (415 Central Avenue - Downtown Laurel) 11AM - 1PM
A recent increase in high-profile, racially-charged conflict has led well-meaning people to wonder what they can do to help alleviate racial tension in our churches, communities, and country. Agape Church has partnered with other churches in the community to be a gathering place for conversation, learning, & healing.
Pastor and Author Miles McPherson will offer guidance on this issue, by identifying, the cultural influences that shape our attitudes on race, and explaining why we must honor the priceless value of God’s image in all people. Pastor Miles has first-hand knowledge of the importance of racial reconciliation.
This Event Will:
- Identify racial “blind spots” that prevent us from honoring the image of God in others.
- Offer advice on how to identify & overcome racism in our hearts.
- Suggest practical ways to develop cross-cultural competency.
- Provide ideas on how to initiate meaningful conversations on race within and beyond the walls of the church.
- Help attendees develop personal accountability in living lives that honor the image of God in others.